BECAUSE SEMICONDUCTOR PLANTS CAN’T AVOID LIGHTNING EITHER.
A NEW UST CASE STUDY
TRUE STORY: A California semiconductor manufacturer was experiencing consistent seasonal disturbances from lightning and other weather-related incidents, mostly between January and May each year, exposing production equipment to volatile sags and risking costly down time.
Could a case be made for aggressive intervention?
- SEMI F47 compliant
- Battery free and near-zero maintenance – no service/maintenance contracts needed
- Full sag correction within 2 milliseconds
- Sag correction duration independent of load or power factor
- Sag correction for a minimum of 100 seconds
- Robust industrial design – offering continuous protection for industrial loads (motors, production machinery, etc.), with no need for bypass operation even during adverse inrush (high current) conditions
- Continuous protection without the need to recharge or reset
- Input circuit breaker provided as standard, optional bypass arrangements also available
- Custom enclosure designs available to meet indoor or outdoor site conditions
- Non-continuous inverter operation that increases reliability and provides 99% efficiency during normal operation
About UST Power
Utility Systems Technologies, Inc. (UST) is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of electronic voltage control and power-conditioning products. UST’s products are in use worldwide at hospitals, factories, refineries, embassies, data centers and other critical facilities, mitigating the risk of damaging electrical surges, sags and swells, bridging brownouts, and providing a safe connection to the local grid. For more information about UST, visit their web site at www.ustpower.com.