HAC III – Probe coil for hearing aid compatibility tests
HAC III is a combination of a probe coil and a handset positioner. It is designed to verify the hearing aid compatibility of telephony handsets by measuring their magnetic coupling capabilities.
With a large mounting area and various options for fixating the handset, the positioner can accommodate all types and sizes of handsets. HAC III is fully compliant with the international standards IEEE 1027 and TIA-504-A. The delivered probe coil is pre-calibrated and comes with a calibration certificate with individually measured parameters. Thus, HAC III does not require a set of Helmholtz coils for calibration as called for in IEEE 1027.
This product is temporarily out of stock. You may opt-in our waiting list and we'll notify you once the product is restocked.
- HAC III is a non-magnetic combination of a probe coil and a handset positioner
- The probe coil verifies the hearing aid compatibility of telephony handsets by measuring their magnetic coupling capabilities as required by standards
- HAC III complies with the international standards IEEE 1027 and TIA-504-A
- All parts of HAC III are made of non-magnetic material to avoid interference with the measurements
- The probe coil will accept any telephony handset with a width of up to 100 mm (3.9 in)
- HAC III offers various options for mounting and fixation of the device under test
- The probe coil is equipped with five hand-screws for accurate positioning and secure fixation of the device under test without damage or accidental button actuation
- HAC III is used in conjunction with the measurement and analysis software ACQUA, the hardware platform labCORE, and the test suite HAC-Suite
Verifying the hearing aid compatibility of telephony handsets by measuring their magnetic coupling capabilities as required by international standards:
- ITU-T P.370
- FCC 47 CFR Ch.I §68.316/7
- ETSI ES 200 381-1
- ANSI C63.19