HIB I – Reference interface for testing headphones, headsets and telephones
HIB I (Headset Interface Box) serves as a reference interface in audio and voice quality tests of headphones, headsets and the headset functionality of telephones. In various modes of operation, HIB I simulates the typical properties of headphones, microphones and telephones to the respective device under test. The headset interface box fully integrates into the workflow of the hardware platform labCORE and the communication analysis software ACQUA, including automated configuration and operation.
HIB I is essential for assessing the quality and standard-compliance of headphones, headsets and the headset functionality of telephones. It is especially suited for measurements according to recommendation ITU-T P.381.
This product is temporarily out of stock. You may opt-in our waiting list and we'll notify you once the product is restocked.
- HIB I simulates headphones, headsets and the headset functionality of telephones
- The reference interface provides a loop/monitor mode for signal pass through and monitoring
- HIB I supports automated measurements according to recommendation ITU-T P.381
- HIB I offers the three modes of operation, supporting a multitude of test scenarios:
- Testing headsets: HIB I simulates a reference telephone. The tested headset connects directly to the frontal 3.5 mm jack of HIB I. For headsets with a second microphone, HIB I offers a dedicated BNC socket on the front.
- Testing telephones: HIB I simulates a reference headset by emulating its headphone as well as microphone part. Selectable load impedances allow to test the behavior of the telephone’s internal amplifier on varying headphone impedances to examine impact on speech and audio quality.
- Loop/monitor mode: HIB I routes a connected headset directly to the connected telephone without any need for rewiring. Additionally, HIB I taps into the loop-through signals for simultaneous transmission to labCORE.
- The reference interface box enables selectable load impedances for headphone simulation
- The integrated rechargeable battery ensures best-possible isolation from grid-induced noise
- The headset reference interface provides button push simulation “Play/Pause”, “Volume Up/Down”, “Start Speech Recognition” according to recommendation ITU-T P.381
- HIB I is automatically configured and operated by ACQUA; Alternatively, the stand-alone software tool RC-HIB I can be used
- The headset reference interface is equipped with the following connectors:
- 4 x BNC at the back for connecting to the hardware platform, to the ACQUA PC and the power supply
- 4 x BNC at the front for connecting to the device under test
- 4-pin 3.5 mm jack at the front for headset connection
- Automated audio and voice quality tests of headphones, headsets and telephones in conjunction with the measurement and analysis software ACQUA and the hardware platform labCORE
- Measurements according to recommendation ITU-T P.381