ALT-198 - Alternator Testing Equipment
The ALT-198 is the next generation of our very popular ALT-98, built for the new era of automotive testing.
The ALT-198 features an integrated 19” color touch- screen and PC computer with the new ALT-Pro software providing database management, customizable test profiles, advanced learning mode, manual mode, results and statistics monitoring, connectivity for results and specifications, and customizable pass/fail reports. This testing system is ideally suited for a variety of testing applications for OEM’s and remanufacturers including end of the line production testing, performance studies, and warranty evaluation.
- Available with a 300A Resistive load bank and 11kW motor, providing the best combination of test capacity and value
- Available with Resistive Load Banks or Larger Capacity, Energy Saving Regenerative Load Banks
- Automated validation testing for medium to high volume applications
- Available with 11kW, 15kW and 22kW Variable Speed Motors
- Choice of 450A or 600A Regenerative load bank for reduced power consumption and heat dissipation (re-uses up to 96% of the alternator energy)
- Reduced test time through optimized test cycle and advanced measure techniques
- Learning Mode discovers functions and records sample test results for easy setup of specifications
- Adjustable tooling suited for mounting a wide variety of alternators
- Automatic LIN/COM/BSS protocol recognition
- User configurable test specifications and test profiles
- Measures over 100 different industry standard parameters: turn on speed, voltage set point, remote voltage set point, LRC, SSD, field current, alternator performance curve etc.
- Built-in oscilloscope for all signals: RVC, feedback, ripple current, LIN/COM, etc.
- Checks all types of alternator and regulator terminals and functions such as computer control, soft start delay, load response control, tachometer frequency, feedback, under/over voltage indication, PCM control, RVC, LIN/BSS, etc.
- Simulates all signals to the alternator including on- board computer functions
- Ability to emulate voltage regulator for externally regulated or field driver ‘PD’ units
- More than 40 different alternator real time readings, including: speed, current, voltage, ripple current, rectifier leakage, rectifier voltage drop, regulator saturation voltage, stator voltage, feedback PWM, etc.
- Endurance test mode for component validation*
- Includes set of harness and regulator test plugs for popular applications
- Ambient Temperature sensor for result adjustment calculations
- CE compliance
- Advanced Data Acquisition
- ALT-PRO Software Platform
This product is temporarily out of stock. You may opt-in our waiting list and we'll notify you once the product is restocked.