Wind River Simics
Simulate anything, chip to system, giving you a path to DevOps and Continuous Integration and Deployment.
Simics is a full-system simulator used by software developers to simulate the hardware of complex electronic systems. Simics allows on-demand and easy access to any target system, more efficient collaboration between developers, and more efficient and stable automation. With Simics you can adopt new development techniques that are simply not possible with physical hardware, enabling you to deliver better software faster.
This product is temporarily out of stock. You may opt-in our waiting list and we'll notify you once the product is restocked.
What Can Simics Do For You?
Wind River® Simics radically improves engineering efficiencies, greatly lowers development costs and makes it possible to invent new ways to build embedded software.
Dream It. Simulate It. Validate
Wind River Simics makes it easy to experiment with different hardware setups, software applications, and platform configurations to validate assumptions before committing to system design.
- Test the way your software behaves and scales by varying memory size, core count, processor speed, and number of boards in a network, in any variation of circumstances.
- Run software setups from various generations on different hardware to ensure that the old works with the new as it should.
2) TEST & RUN
No need to stand in line
- Run your software on the virtual system just as it would run on the physical system, without the limitations of physical systems.
- The software binaries you run on the virtual system are the same you'll run on the real target—and all developers can run them from the very start.
- Integrate the real software running on a virtual target with hardware-in-the-loop and simulation-in-the-loop setups.
- Test embedded software systems with real-world factors to test against actual usage scenarios.
With Simics' determinism you have perfect repeatability—you know that issues found on the virtual target can be repeated any time, anywhere.
Hunt for bugs at any time
Simics makes problem isolation and analysis much more efficient.
- Debug all your software (including BIOS, drivers, low-level software, and OS-level code) without access to hardware and with perfect control over the virtual target.
- Start, stop, single-step, and reverse the system to find out exactly where and why it breaks—and email the resulting setup and analysis to colleagues around the globe.
With Simics determinism you have perfect repeatability—you know that issues found on the virtual target can be repeated anytime, anywhere.
Develop on the actual system from the start
With Simics, application developers can use the real target from the start, with the same toolchain, libraries, operating system API, and operating system behavior. This capability eliminates the issue of using a different toolchain and not finding problems until the code is compiled for the real target and integrated into the target system. By using the real target from the start, developers can avoid finding costly errors late in the game.
With virtual targets there is no lack of hardware access, no managing of complex configuration and different setups, no flaky hardware not working, and no expensive shipping of hardware.
Empower all collaborators
- Enable your product users with virtual systems in all phases of the product lifecycle.
- An internal development group can provide platform integrators and application development teams with virtual boards while the real board is being designed.
- Partnering companies working on different parts of a program can share a common system for development.
- A hardware vendor can seed its customers with early access to a new chip, far in advance of prototype silicon.
- Sales can demonstrate new products before they are available to shrink the gap between product release and revenue.
- Operations teams in sales, customer satisfaction, partner enablement, and training can enjoy huge boosts by deploying simulated hardware to their teams.
Endless configurations with ease
With Simics, a target system setup is just software, so you can control almost any parameter—simple to complex—of the target system using scripts and Simics modules.
- Set up an infinite supply of boards, with no need to physically -visit the lab to change configurations.
- Multiple configurations are easily storable with instant recall of any setup.
- Configurations work the same today as they will tomorrow—anywhere in the world.
- Keep a virtual version of in-field systems up to date for testing hardware and software updates, making modifications, and upgrading products.
- Customer service can have every customer configuration at its fingertips to effortlessly reproduce errors and solve customer issues.
One team. One view. One truth.
Simics makes it possible to consider the system's hardware, software, current state, and execution history as a single unit that can be copied, communicated, and replicated with ease by anyone on the team, anywhere in the world.
With Simics, communication between development, test, integration, support, and sustain teams is effortless. Simics assets such as device models, target configurations, system setups, automation scripts, checkpoints, traffic recordings, and debug configurations can be easily shared between users and teams.
Using Simics checkpoints and determinism you can reliably repeat the failing test cases on the developer's machine—with cycle-perfect precision and guaranteed success